We strongly encourage that you test your CAS protected application with the new instance. This will enable you and Rutgers OIT to conduct extensive testing to ensure that the high-availability model is working as expected without impacting your production services
When Can you start testing?
Testing phase will start on Monday, March 20, 2017 and will end promptly on Friday March 24th at 5pm.
A day has been set aside to test high availability on-premises failovers on Wednesday March 22nd.
What Do you need to participate in the testing?
- Contact IdM Operation to initiate your testing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. . Please include the URLs of your web applications .
- Idm will add your applications URL’s to the CAS white list before you can start testing.
- Change your CAS agent configuration to point to the new test instance. Change all references from https://test-cas.rutgers.edu to https://cas-ha.rutgers.edu .
- Start testing and report any issues to email@example.com.
- After testing is completed, you can then undo all the changes on your development/test server(s) and repoint it to https://test-cas.rutgers.edu.
Do I need to make any Configuration changes when this moves to production?
- No, we expect this to be transparent in production. You do not have to make any configuration changes.