Exporting from Group Studio
- Go to your RBHS portal calendar.
- A popup will appear (Note: if no popup displays then please ensure that any popup blockers are disabled and you allow popups via your browser configuration).
Choose the bottom calendar labeled “Sun Java Calendar Express”.
- Click on the ‘Calendars’ item in the navigation bar at the top-left.
- Find the Group Studio calendar(s) you wish to export and take note (e.g. write it down somewhere) of the ID number following “calmaster:” (i.e. 1241 would be the ID number for the calendar labeled calmaster:1241). Do this for each calendar you wish to export.
- Click on the ‘Options’ item in the navigation bar — two items to the right of the previously clicked ‘Calendars’ item.
- Click on the ‘Export’ item in the side menu to the left.
- Note: Refer the example below for steps 7-11.
Find the calendar in the list (denoted by the green arrow labeled #1) you wish to export using the ID number from step #4 above.
Note: Only select one calendar to export
- Select the calendar and click the “Add” button (denoted by the red/magenta arrow labeled #2).
- Select “Export all events” (recommended) or choose a date range to export (denoted by the blue arrow labeled #3).
- Ensure that “iCal” is the export format chosen (denoted by the orange arrow labeled #4).
- Click the “Export” button (denoted by the purple/hot pink arrow labeled #5).
- You will now be prompted to save a file. Select a location on your computer to store this file so that you can easily find it for when you are ready to import your group’s calendar into Sakai.
- Repeat steps 4-12 for each of your groups.
Importing to Sakai
- Login to Sakai
- Go to the Sakai site you wish to import your calendar to.
- Go to the “Schedule” item in the left navigation menu.
- Select the “iCalendar” format and click the “Continue” button.
- Click “Choose File”, find where you exported the Group Studio “.ics” file, select it and click on “Open” button.
- Finally, review all the events you are importing and deselect any event you do not wish to import using the checkbox all the way in the right-most column labeled “Import?”. When complete, click the “Import Events” button at the bottom and you’re all done!