Requesting Early Employee NetID
OIT will provide Early Employee NetIDs to employees with Social Security Numbers who need access to electronic services to perform their assigned duties and whose on-boarding process has been delayed. A departmental Human Resources representative or a hiring authority may use the link at the bottom of this page to request Early Employee NetID for such cases.
Please note the following before submitting a request:
- Please do everything possible to complete the HR on-boarding process in Administrative Systems before requesting assistance.
- It is expected that you will work with the department and/or HR to resolve any outstanding issues within 30 days.
- Early Employee NetID process cannot accommodate new employees that do not yet have a Social Security Number (SSN).
- Please verify the exact spelling of the new employee’s first name, last name, and personal email address, as well as SSN and date of birth. Errors and inaccurate information may lead to data conflicts and consistency problems when on-boarding is completed in Administrative Systems.
Regarding on-boarding of new employees in legacy Rutgers or legacy RBHS positions:
- It is recommended that new employees be on-boarded as soon as possible and well in advance of their start date in order to ensure access to electronic systems at the university on the employee’s first day of employment.
- HR can only approve a request to hire after all the necessary data has been submitted. This includes, but is not limited to, first name, last name, date of birth, SSN, and a signed offer letter.
- Section I of the federal I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Process may be completed in advance of an employee’s start date, but MUST be completed by the end of the employee’s first day of employment. Section II of the I-9 process, in which employees present appropriate documentation to verify their identity, MUST be completed within 3 days of the employee’s first day of work. For more information about the I-9 process, please visit uhr.rutgers.edu/uhr-units-offices/operations/i-9-and-e-verify, or for a list of acceptable documents to complete Section II of the I-9 process, visit uhr.rutgers.edu/sites/default/files/userfiles/ListofAcceptableDocuments.pdf.